From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:10:58 -0700
The only available XP PROs right now are Retail versions that are
still on the shelves...few of these, and OEMs which are readily
available. Some vendors sell package deals of OEM licenses at a
slight discount.

The only XP PRO license that can be installed on multiple PCs is a
Corporate multi user license.

The Retail version comes with a single license, but can be moved from
one machine to another, say, for example, you built a new computer
and wanted to move your copy of XP PRO to it. Of course, the license
is only good for one machine at a time.

The OEM version you typically see now is licensed to one particular
machine, and can never be moved.

Mark Rode
The Nospin Group

>  I've been looking at e-bay for a deal on xp pro because I was under  the
>impression that pro could be used on up to three pcs'. However, most of the
>listed "new, non-activated" versions that mention use say that it's
>only usable
>on one machine. Am I wrong about multiple pc licence or is there a
>particular
>version that this is possible with?
>  Phil Williams

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: