From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:30:15 -0400
John,

I think it's a bit of an over-reaction to say that Echo Link is "anti
radio."  On most Sunday mornings, a group of us in the Boston area have a
schedule with a friend of ours in New York city.  We use a local repeater,
but our friend connects to the repeater through Echo Link.  Since he doesn't
have room for an HF station in his apartment, and several others in the
group are in similar situations, I think it's perfectly reasonable for us to
use Echo Link to maintain our schedule.  The only alternative is using the
telephone, which would mean that none of us used our radios.  To me, that's
a lot more anti radio than using Echo Link.

Steve