From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:23:32 -0500

I just want to clear up the confusion about the titles of Roben Ryberg's books. I have no connection to her, other than loving her cookbooks.

The book from 2000 is The Gluten-free Kitchen
The 2008 book is You Won't Believe It's Gluten-free, 500 Delicious, Foolproof Recipes for Healthy Living.

The earlier one has recipes for a sponge cake and whipped cream, from which my husband makes me the most amazing gf strawberry shortcake for my birthday and when very special company comes. He makes the sponge cake in a 9 inch springform pan, carefully slices it into three tiers, and uses the whipped cream recipe for the icing and filling, with fresh strawberries. It comes out huge, like the kind you see circulating is those display cases at restaurants. Make sure you cool the cake upside down or it will fall. He balances the edges on three or four glasses or mugs.

I've never had a recipe of hers that I didn't like, but I will be eternally grateful for the strawberry shortcake, even if I have it only once or twice a year. (Kind of counterproductive to have it in the house when I'm trying to lose weight!)

If she has any other cookbooks between 2000 and 2008, I'm not aware of them. Let me know, because I'd order them. I have quite a collection. I love to buy cookbooks, although I generally end up with only one or two recipes in each that I'll use regularly.

Lin