EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:51:16 -0500
I am trying to find software, preferably open source, that will work in
VISTA to do the following: 1) when the mouse hovers, to read the text,
and to also hover and read text on web pages. I've found several
opensource screenreaders that read web text, but nothing that also
hovers and reads the text on the desktop under icons. I have used
WebAdapt successfully in the past but it does not work in VISTA. I am
contemplating taking VISTA off and installing XP so that this client
can use the computer more independently. He also is using ZoomWare for
magnification and an Intellikeys keyboard for keyboard access.

Thanks for any suggestions you might offer.

Alice Wershing, M.Ed.,ATP, Educational Technology Coordinator
East Tennessee Technology Access Center
Knoxville TN