From:
Mary & Fuzzy b <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary & Fuzzy b <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:17:02 -0400

Everyone disputed my post regarding the gluten contamination information I received from the manufacturer of Watkins Double Strength vanilla.

One person stated the information I provided was absolutely wrong and every brand of vanilla sold on the market is definitely "gluten free period."

One person stated my information was incorrect and I should call the company again and pursue the matter further.

One person wanted to know exactly which ingredient contained gluten and indicated my information was incorrect.

The company did not volunteer which ingredient or process resulted in gluten & I did not pursue or argue with the informant.   Further, I was merely providing information given to me by the manufacturer for any celiac who might want to avoid gluten.

I follow a strictly gluten free diet & do not experiment with possible gluten containing products. I can find many other brands of Vanilla that are gluten free and do not need to dissect one company's product.  If the company tells me "there is gluten in the product", that's enough information for me.  I  Anyone who wishes to ignore the information I was given, feel free to do so.

The phone number for watkins brand products is  800 243 9423  the web address is JRWatkins.com for those of you who feel this should be dissected further, go for it.

*******
*******