EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:23:05 -0500
Hi all,

My reaction is that there are Japanese people who are living and
working in Japan who are blind.  They speak the language, write it and
earn a living.  Therefore, there must be a way for them to be
accommodated.  I think in this case you probably need to speak to
people from Japan, rather than people from American Universities who
don't know about Japanese people who are blind and have no concept of
the long tradition in Japan of employing the blind.  There must be a
way for them to read and to write.

I have a couple of Japanese subscribers on the blind-x list.  I've
taken the liberty of forwarding your note there.  I'll see what
happens.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854