ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:21:42 -0600
Hi all,

I've been "hearing" a lot of talk, talk, talk, about all the problems we're
having in this country and the world.  I wish we could have a gathering, in
which, instead of making speeches, we will actually do small things,
hands-on, that will plant seeds for the better.  I'm also realizing that,
even if we cannot, or won't, fight and give up our lives, we can still make
sacrifices.  For example, buying only those things that come from our
country or state.  But how much of that can we do?  It seems that a lot of
us think we can't do anything about it, because we're so busy working,
driving, having to pay bills, having to buy food, etc, etc.  Come to think
of it, many of us are taking one day off just to celebrate America's
birthday.  Shall we circulate an email that says, "Instead of using the
Fourth to have a relaxing picnic and fireworks, let's do what it takes, in a
nonviolent way, to dethrone those crazy so-called leaders!"  What do you
think of that?

Sharon