ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:02:01 -0700
Matt,

Before I go hunting down all the passages, I need to check and see if I have
a file on the verses already.  However, for now, Satan, or Lucifer, was one
of the top three angels.  Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer.  These three angels
are depicted with wings in the Old Testament.  They are cherubim.  When you
read about the mercy seat of God and its construction, or the temple of God
that King Solomon built, the cherubim are mentioned to be made with wings.
Lucifer means light bearer or morning star or day star.  You find more about
this in Isaiah chapter fourteen.  If you also read in Ezekiel chapter 28
from verses 13 through nineteen, you will learn more of his original nature.
It is there he is called a covering cherub which most take this to mean that
above the mercyseat, there was an opening left by the out stretched wings of
the two cherubim facing each other at either end of the mercy seat.  It is
believed, according to the Ezekiel passage I just mentioned, that the third
angel, or Lucifer, was above this opening to cover God from all sides.  He
isn't anything, therefore, as man has described.  He is very likely the most
beautiful creature God ever made as you will read in the passages I have
mentioned already and it was his beauty that caused him to sin and to
consider himself higher than God.  That's why he was kicked out of Heaven.

Phil.