BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:31:20 -0500
Ken,

Frankly I have been letting this simmer in my brain for a while.
Although way from answering your dilemma, the two things that keep
coming to me are:
1.  The similarity to contemporary brick ties with a seismic rod that is
attached near the front toe of a typical angle-shaped brick tie bolted
to the back-up. I know this would normally be installed at every 6th
brick course but...
2.  The similarity of reinforcing CMU walls adjacent to openings. Is any
other reinforcing in the wall? Can you check? What is the spacing and
type of brick ties in the wall? What is the back-up masonry, wood
framed, other?

I would not immediately discount these rods.

This is the best I can do.

Good luck and please let us know if you can find any more info.

Eric Hammarberg, Assoc. AIA
Vice President
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue