C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:49:04 -0700
Before the election!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FactCheck.org <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Subject: New FactCheck Article: Closing Arguments: Obama
To: [log in to unmask]

Closing Arguments: Obama
November 3, 2008
With the finish line in sight, Obama serves up familiar, pie-in-the-sky
promises.
Summary
In the last few days, Obama has wrapped up his pitch to the electorate with
some misleading claims we've heard before:

   - He continued to ask voters to believe he can pay for every dime of an
   ambitious health care plan and other spending proposals while cutting taxes
   for all but the most affluent. Budget experts say that's unlikely.

   - He also kept up the drumbeat on a promise to end "tax breaks for
   sending jobs overseas," as though that could do much to keep jobs at home.
   Experts say it can't.

 We examine McCain's final pitch to voters in another article posted today,
"Closing Arguments:
McCain<http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/closing_arguments_mccain.html>
."

Note: This is a summary only. The full article with analysis, images and
citations may be viewed on our Web site:

Desktop users<http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/closing_arguments_obama.html>
         Mobile
users <http://www.factcheck.org/mobile/article.php?id=846>

Please consider supporting FactCheck.org and expanding our audience by
Digging this article:

[image: Digg!]
<http://digg.com/submit?url=http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/closing_arguments_obama.html>

    This message was sent from FactCheck.org to %Member:Email% . It was sent
from: FactCheck.org, 320 National Press Building, Washington, DC 20045. You
can modify/update your subscription via the link below.
Forward to a Friend<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http://factchecklist.bootnetworks.com/forward_campaign.php?CampaignID=584&CampaignStatisticsID=629&Demo=0&EncryptedMemberID=MjA2MDI2&[log in to unmask]>
Click this link to change your email address: Change Your Email
Address<http://www.factcheck.org/manage.html>

[image: ---]

--

Kendall