From:
Walt Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:48:31 -0500
Hi Guys,
I belonged to a small club in Florida and we had a rag chew net on 10
meters.  I had a 4-band vertical plus some wire antennas.  I found that I
could hear much better on my 80 meter inverted vee, so, kept my hand on the
antenna switch and would switch from transmit to receive.  Once I forgot to
switch the switch and some of the guys, said hey what did you do? your
signal was much louder.  A friend was coming over and was going to build a
10 meter inverted vee but he checked the SWR on the 80 meter antenna first
and it was 1 to 2.  He said you already have a ten meter, I don't need to
build  you one.

Walt
WA4QXT
New London CT