From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:03:37 -0300
Hello;
Can't resist my two cents here.  Personally I have some concerns about echo
link or irlp however,  With computers I don't think that talking with China
or Europe has the thrill it once did.  One can do it online without all that
antenna hassle.  Now we know that the internet is doing the work rather than
ones individual station but for a newcomer it would be difficult to make the
distinction.  Also I think more and more folks are finding that they are in
situations where a decent hf antenna system is a problem.  To fuel the fire
what do folks think of remote hf stations that one uses via computer. Is
that radio?
As for those rude echo link folks,  some of the "rudeness" may be because
they are unaware of procedures and probably the way we handle their behavior
will dictate whether they hang around or move on to some other hobby.
Just my two cents.
Richard