From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 03:19:27 -0500
It's communications, and that's the primary point.  I bet the same arguments
were heard when the first carriers were heard, the first phone transmissions
came on the air, I remember the wars over Single Sideband, Most of us don't
have the money to purchase the land equipment and antennas necessary to say
talk regularly in to India.  Even if we can make a contact there, it's tnx
and 599 73 my friend.  Friend?  What's that about?  With echolink we can
have actual conversations and schedules.  Just because it's "not radio"
doesn't mean it's not useful.