From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:07:19 -0400
I happen to agree with you insofar as PC-to-PC and to an extent PC-to-
radio connctions, but where there's radio at both ends, I don't see
what the difference is between Echolink (or IRLP or Asterisk or ...)
and a system linked via, say, telephone interconnects or even long
haul RF links. Where there's a radio at both ends, what's the
objection, specifically? I also agree that making contacts through
such a system isn't the same as, say, working a pileup on 20, but no
award I know of seriously counts such contacts anyway. But such awards
don't count contacts via wide area linked systems, either.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 746-4127 or 888-75-BUDDY