From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:05:57 -0500
Tom,
Alan Ackley is in Iowa.  His website is
braillerman.com
and has quite a bit of history about the machine and a good bio. of
himself and his association with Perkins repair.  If you use him, you
get an extensive email when he is finished as to what he has done.
I've had a couple of machines to him and been well pleased.
By the way - my original Perkins was bought in 1953 by my parents
just before I went to high school  The first blind kid at a small,
neighborhood Catholic high school in Chicago.  That machine is still
used and has NEVER needed service.  My folks made a pretty good $100
investment.