From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:51:10 -0600
not really.
with a radio like the TS480, ts2000, ts570 excetra, HRD merely gives you
computerized control of the functions that are already accessible from the
front of the radio.
If you want to sit across the room and control your radio, then HRD works
well as a PC bass remote control, but that is pretty much all.  It really
doesn't add any accessibility or flexibility to the radios functions.
It does have a web bassed remote control feature that could be useful for
remote bass operations, but that has nothing to do with weather it is really
useful on a PC sitting on the same desk as the physical radio.
As i mentioned, and perhaps others have had better luck, but I found the
logging and dx software not terribly useful beyond very very simple
functions.  The logging software is no where near as easy to use as the
other stand alone programs out there.
Even functions like volume control, squelch control and changing frequency
is tedious in HRD using a screen reader...you spend 30 seconds trying to
locate and alter the right button and you could reach over and turn the
radio up or down in 5 seconds.
73
Colin, V A6BKX