From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:04:12 -0600
Thanks for the correction on the web address, collin.  I should have
proofread it more carefully.

Yes, the two center wires are left open.  Those same wires are cut off a
couple of inches above the 44 foot flattop.  (I should say: the 22 foot
arms.)  Those couple of inches are used to suspend the center

I think the configuration of the antenna is quite flexible, since it is not
intended to be resonant at any particular frequency.  For the same reason,
the measurements are not cut in stone.

As far as I know, "dipole" and "doublet" are interchangeable terms.
However, there seems to be a tendency to call a resonant, center fed antenna
a "dipole", and a less resonant one a "doublet".

I can see the emails piling up on that one.

73,
Gale