From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:16:29 -0700
HI John,
I'll be the first to admit that this is an emotional thing.

If I didn't already have the British made Radio Mate keypad and the John
Hansen Millenium qsyer I'd never purchase such an intensely menu driven
radio.

I'm still convinced that I'll be able to do qrp work frommy apartment.

And if I can get the various control software to work I could possibly enter
memories and other things into the radio like PL tones.

The british keypad will let you enter up to 20 memories into an 817 but it
has it's own memory scheme.

Apparently you can't enter memories with the Millenium keypad.

I'll keep everyone posted on how this goes.

I know there have been a few people on this list who have used the rig
successfully with the Millenium keypad and the MP1 portable antenna.

73's,

Eric
KU3*