From:
Jay Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 00:00:24 -0400

Our Halloween holiday candy has arrived and is going fast.  So grab your
Chocolate Bats & Pumpkins, Sour Worms, Mini Variety Pack Chewing Gum, Cotton
Candy, and more here at
http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY
<http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code
=AG&Category_Code=Holiday_Candy> &Store_Code=AG&Category_Code=Holiday_Candy

For some great holiday recipe ideas like the ones below and tips, join our
free email newsgroup at http://www.allergygrocer.com/id1263.html

We will have a very limited supply of Organic Candy Canes coming in the next
week for the Christmas holiday.  So hurry and get yours while they last.

Allergy Grocer Fresh Baked Monkey Rings are now available at
www.AllergyGrocer.com   These mouthwatering, soft, cinnamon dessert-like
goodies are like pull apart Monkey Bread but in a circular, bagel like
shape.  Remember to log in to see or order frozen items.  And if you live 3
or less ship days from PA we can ship them dry instead of frozen and save
you money.

Halloween Recipes

These recipes will allow even small children to participate in the
preparation.

Coffin Sandwiches (adapted from
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001NaEZxij9MtCdrHINNngcFMiWnW-TNPvMXCykSYVJuCfsl9es
yG9xYWN9rCMGyH51X9i5xVbbAglqtYuD3n39CzotZ-WL8gWTZBy4zon8OoL0SRFDrYCv1Iz60MVO
hVDY> www.KraftFoods.com)

Makes: 4 sandwiches

Ingredients:
8 slices acceptable bread
12 slices safe lunchmeat
12 slices safe cheese (or omit)
Condiments-mayonnaise or ketchup or mustard
1 lettuce leaf

Directions: Make sandwich using meat, cheese (optional), lettuce, and
desired condiments and place toothpick in center to hold.  Cut sandwich into
coffin shape using this template traced and cut out of cardboard or stiff
paper and a sharp knife.  (Click
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001NaEZxij9MtDiH__-YxubJEqcseo7uFvz9RKWpYk0EN9saUyj
qOLa70R5jx2d7w_E9fZFiKMHJLBHpIvjdjdQTSpxz7ADwK2gm60rLEnnoRv1hfluDW88zRKsN--v
9f44nqMo67BL-JYc3Yj7m-uW0XN1QGur9LcsRMDg-IzVcxN_XFD7zk7LNsvNJ0v1QeYQ> here
for template.)  Arrange coffins on a plate and let the kids write scary or
goofy messages (like RIP, GO AWAY, BOO) on them with mustard and ketchup or
black frosting, piped into a frosting bag with a small tip.

Bloody Monster Fingers or Toes (adapted from & picture from
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001NaEZxij9MtANzymD-v_IcIg5be9QX8SIxGck2q5foArkfFAF
ef8S2FMw0CYOL3Wi5k5M22P-3xNMxNDYe7rHJDs-MKM71fEnUAPNEcRiyaHBpJP0xk0xvQ==>
www.FreeKidsCraft.com)

Makes:  approx. 24 fingers

Ingredients:

4 safe tortilla wraps (or use
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001NaEZxij9MtB7ExSp-bcyvYphRru66JEbiVU3YYntwbaODk_z
IVqIFodjxj1G2PxsgR60yIh30imB4w173R3zu3uMb201E5LqAUHpRYSysXAjX3sA8HTPHEQX69tz
quvY0pRMQSFuqV_cgu_4Zo2dLIiZ3Z6mPUZDGAMI__CrQOWy3dj6XTGWTZaJMDNUu92fAV5o_lp8
88027x92TtiZ_lBMb0nh9SyEnbDuYWs2PYuIeSm1sn2yrLMpxmBADBGpiowtk8jIwbZ8ftxj8tSI
S6t6QlhsziPh> Miss Roben's Gluten Free Tortilla Mix, on sale now

8 safe hot dogs

catsup

toothpicks

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Cut tortillas into 3/4" x 5" strips.
Slice hotdogs into approx 2" long pieces, slicing on a diagonal to create a
triangular shape.  Arrange hotdog piece with triangular point facing upmost.
Score a shallow horizontal cut across the top 1/3 of the hot dog to make the
base of the fingernail. Starting right below this cut, wrap tortilla strips,
layering the wraps so that it looks like an ace bandage.  Place a smear of
catsup across the top of the wrap where it meets the hotdog at the base of
the "fingernail" to mimic blood dripping.   Secure end of the wrap with a
toothpick and place on lightly greased baking sheet, spaced 1" apart.  Bake
8 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy.  For extra grossness, let the kids drizzle
catsup over the cooked fingers before eating.

Jay Berger, owner

"Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it."
Chinese Proverb

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."  Winston
Churchill