From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:35:05 -1000
Harvey Rose wrote:

> I bought a new computer with Windows XP put on it.

If this computer is new, then contact the maker with the problem. You
are under warranty for problems. For example, call Dell if it's a new
Dell. It sounds to me like you bought a second hand computer. If that's
the case, I would format the hard drive and install XP before going any
further. Just start with a clean install of XP with all it's updates. Be
sure the USB is enabled, format, and install. Are there other reasons
you don't want to do a clean install of XP?

> When I got the computer to connect to the Internet I had to unplug the
> cable connected to my Linksys Router and replug in after it boots up
> to get the internet (DSL). It wasn't a big deal to do this. My virus
> program was running out and I uninstalled it getting a virus. I had
> this removed by a computer repair place. When I got the computer back
> the USB chip was disabled so I connected the mouse and keyboard
> through the PS/2 ports. I was able to connect to the internet without
> replugging the cable into my Router. When I got the USB ports working
> again (Disable through the BIOS enabled them again) the problem with
> connecting to the internet occurred again. Could this be a interrupt
> problem or something else? As long as don't reboot the computer I
> don't have to replug my DSL connection in to connect to the internet.
> Only once after rebooting.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.2.0/1495 - Release Date: 6/10/2008 5:11 PM                   Visit our website regularly for FAQs,                articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more                           http://freepctech.com