From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:44:06 -0600
www.nationalgeographic.com

If you click on the introduction, you'll find an atlas of the human journey.  By clicking on each time period (beginning with 200,000 B.C.) and then clicking on the video for each period, you will see the current theories regarding human migration.  Some of the videos talk briefly about Paleolithic hunting and use of plants.  It is interesting to see human migration presented as a visual.

The reason I went to the website was to get information on the "genographic project".  It is a project where you can order a test kit, take a simple saliva test and mail it back.  The lab will study your DNA and will give you an online report showing the path of the migration of your ancestors.  I don't have all the information yet, but I think it costs about $100 US.  As the human genome study continues over time, there will be updates to your individual DNA journey. Has anyone here participated in it?

Kath