From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:52:50 -0600
Hi Christian:
Yes, you can program a 1750HZ button on the K model of the kenwood.
It utilizes the four key of the numeric keypad and you simply key the mike
and press the button...i believe you can also have it automatically send the
tone at the beginning of the transmition.
The only other differences are the 2M and 70CM band plans and default
frequency tuning steps.  Which can all be reset from default in the K models
menus.
That and you'll have a little bit of the 2M band that you won't be able to
utilize in the UK I think....though i'm not totally sure of the 2M band plan
there.
I think there are also some modification instructions online to convert a K
model to an E model.
73
Colin, V A6BKX