From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:49:30 +0100
Well, I did c.3 trials with (raw) zero carb which were in line with Stefansson's guidelines re high fat(I used raw marrow and suet and tongue a lot re fat sources, especially if I only had lean meat on a particular day). For the first 2 weeks, things were mostly OK. That is, I experienced the usual drastic drop in physical performance (couldn't do any significant weightlifting, for example, as I'd be tired out very quickly, and strength was nonexistent). Then, after 2 weeks, I started getting brain-fog and lack of concentration/lack of alertness as well, to a certain extent. This was more in line with what Stefansson predicted re it taking c.2-3 weeks to transition before the negative effects dropped off. After 3 weeks had passed, I started getting really rapid deterioration in health. I started really noticing a rapid heartbeat(which was even worse when I once did an experiment with heated suet), headaches, inability to concentrate at all, chronic fatigue, and a ravenous, unfulfilled hunger for carbs and corresponding total lack of appetite for meats(to the point where I felt like weeping after eating just a tiny piece of meat). By the 4th week, I'd noticed that my teeth had become rapidly weaker(suggesting eventual bone-deterioration if I'd continued in the long-term). Oh, I'd also feel a desperate thirst all the time and would drink vast amounts of alkaline mineral water, yet I'd still feel thirsty all the time ,d espite that, and the water didn't seem to be properly absorbed by my body as I just urinated it out,afterwards. By the 5th/6th weeks, all these symptoms worsened along with health in general(there were various multiple other symptoms such as dry skin and others I can't remember offhand), and I alsobegan to realise that my appetite for meats was so nonexistent, so  that I was faced with virtual starvation and eventual hospitalisation if I continued.

Geoff

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/