Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:12:37 -0600
Brenda Young wrote:
> i AM NOT an expert, by any means, but good grief, cholesterol isn't the "bad dude" that the pharm companies would have you believe...it's  A FREAKING HORMONE!!!!  Unbalanced it might be, yep, but it's NOT BAD.

Poor diets can lower LDL particle size (small particle LDL) which is bad
and can also increase total particle count which is also bad.  Poor diet
can also shift HDL2 (more protective) towards HDL3 (less protective).
So, one can have good numbers according to orthodox "wisdom" but have
small particle LDL and low HDL2 and it would not be detected at all by
the traditional cholesterol test.  A VAP test is required to see this
level of detail but rarely ordered.

--

Steve - [log in to unmask]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke