From:
"Cooley, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:05:34 -0400
I had a physical this past week.  Here are the results along with the “official”
assessment:

	Sep-09			Apr-09
TC	172		Desirable	189		Desirable
HDL	31		Undesirable	38		Undesirable
LDL	125		Near Optimal	139		Borderline
TG	81		Desirable	             60		Desirable
BP	138/82		Pre-hypertension	115/80		Normal
FG	117		Borderline	90		Desirable
A1C			                         5.2		V. Excellent
Weight	265		240

Risk Factors
HDL/TC	0.18		Borderline	0.20		Borderline
TG/HDL	2.61		Borderline	1.58		Ideal

Everything is moving in the right direction.  I am not worried about total
cholesterol since it is not a reliable indicator of heart disease risk.  I am very
happy about the A1C results (<6), which measures indirectly blood glucose
levels over the last 30 days or so, the Triglecyrides/HDL ratio (<2), which
evidently is the best predictor of risk of heart disease, and blood pressure.

I am not sure what to think about the blood glucose levels because I get 80-
82 when I test at home.  Maybe fasting and being tested in the morning has
an effect.

The doctor’s only suggestion was to increase activity levels to see if the HDL
numbers will improve.  I am not exercising much right now, but hope to
increase my activity levels.

Any observations on the results above are apprciated.

I have been on the list for over 10 years now and mostly just lurk.  I basically
eat a high fat/low carb.  The only non-paleo food items are sour cream,
cheese, and butter to maintain adequate dietary fat levels.  I am trying to
eliminate dairy as much as possible, but still end up eating it in about 1 out of
every 3 meals.