BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:04:26 -0400
I am trying to figure out what 'compartmentalization' means in
estimating... I had thought that it might be relevant to how we make
lists of tasks separated out in order to make it easier to calculate
smaller quantities that then are combined to add up to a larger cost
number.

But this is what Google arrives me at:

"High back seats of 28 inches or more greatly contribute to the
compartmentalization of passengers thereby reducing the chances of
injuries sustained by passengers being hurled against one another,
regardless of their size. Seatback height for school buses should not be
less than 28 inches."

I can imagine reading this in the newspaper -- "The columns of the Greek
Revival house in Bridgeport had to be compartmentalized by the carpenter
in order to prevent them from being hurled against one another."