BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:53:00 -0500
On 2/10/2010 8:07 AM, JIM HICKS wrote:
> As Ken knows, I have 'a dog in this fight' so I have to respond.

Jim,

yes, a dog
I did not intend that erotic = noise
IMHO noise is noise, if anything to move from love to erotic to soft
porn to porn to snuff films is an increase in 'volume' [as is 'volume'
in the art of a rotting bulls head in a plastic box being eaten away by
maggots, a ways away from clean urinals]
[FAQ: noise vs. signal discussions form a recurring thread on BP,
something to the relevance as to how to get the histo presto message
onto a scaled volume]

considering that 5,000 students per year graduate from MFA creative
writing programs in the USA (and against that number I wonder why
parents complain that if their children take 'shop' and learn to be
timber framers or stonemasons that they won't have jobs?)
and considering that if you spend any time reading the material produced
online as a result of this incredible academic supply effort, that it is
difficult to read for very long without tiring of explicit sexual and
often sexually transgressive acts that are culled as 'literary'
possibly this is libidinal reaction against a sexually repressive culture

it is also difficult lately to read a story online that does not
reference Lady Gaga (a distorted Donald Trump/Madonna hybrid?), and if
you take all that in with the Century of Self documentary then one needs
to wonder just how pervasive is the Freudian death:sex message in the
media environment
but I worry that the production of so many story writers, wallowing in
debt having signed up for an amazing lottery system, who all seem to
want to procreate (or-not) like crazy is not in an inverse sort of fuzzy
logic leading us to more of an Idiocracy
instead of "I'm a poet, and I know it," the contemporary refrain can be,
"I'm an idiot, and I don't know it."

I will leave off w/ the thought that a value of heritage conservation is
an inherent and usually unstated faith in the persistence of a society
and culture, otherwise why save anything for the edification of our
future generations if it is all going to be gone tomorrow?

all my life I have been told that the world as we know it is going to
blow up any day now, in fact it may be only a few minutes away from
total annihilation... i am tired of that American message

][< (watching snow fall in the RED radar zone while happy sparrows chirp
at the feeder)