From:
Bill Deatherage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 05:58:22 -0400
Hell again to all,
To night I went to program some frequencies into my HT.  I had the radio on and went to check on my braille & speak to  get the frequency.  When My braille & speak started talking it came through my radio speaker.  I was using both on battery so It wasn't because they were on the same electrical circut.
Has any one ever made  a wire antanna for 6 meeters?  I once had a 6 meter side band which only put out 3 or  5 wats.  It had a verticle antanna that pulled out.  They weren't using the rubber ducks at that time.  So I got 2 pieces of wire both were 4 and a half feet long and connected them in the middle to the line running to my radio.  It worked well for local  stations.  I was wondering if any one has ever worked 6 meter f.m.?  How is it with TVI?
Getting back to that Antanna that was my understanding of what a diapole was like.  I had the Antanna in  my bed room running from wall to wall.  Has any one ever sceen an inverted v antanna.  I remember hearing about them in the earlier days.  I wonder if one could be put up inside an apartment?
well, have a good day and 73's
Bill