From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:03:25 -0400
that's 1 of the ones I was referring to, a friend of mine has a FT-980, and
wow!  and it made some noise through the receiver too. that was
unbelievable. It was the first HF radio I used really, at a friend's house
and it was certainly no prize. If I had room, and a good price I would
possibly get one for the memories, I just missed buying that one, but very
seriously doubt I'll ever actually get one. I have a friend with an ft1000D
that was pretty bad too though he kept returning 2 or 3 of them until he got
a good one that was a little better.
The 706 fan is pretty loud as well so I guess that's the case all across the
board. I actually find the Kenwood fans to be the best of the radios I've
spent a lot of time with.