From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:27:51 -0400
My first guess would be that some software is causing your computer to crash
when it tries to read the CD.  You probably have the default setting for
Startup and Recovery set, which is to automatically restart in the case of a
system failure.

(For Windows XP) Right click on My Computer, select Properties, and then the
Advanced tab.  Select Settings for Startup and Recovery, and uncheck
Automatically restart.  Now, when you place a CD in you computer, you should
get a blue screen with some information about what is crashing.  This may be
helpful in tracking down the corrupt program.

John Sproule