BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 22:54:03 -0700
Lucklily for Brazillians I don't work in that field in Brazil!!!!!  Ruth

At 2:08 PM -0700 5/8/08, John Leschen wrote:
My lovely SO works in the Contemporary Art field. She is waiting delivery
of a major (sized) "piece" from Europe that consists of an automated
mechanical arm and an undetermined amount of red-tinted Vaseline. Probably
a lot of red-tinted Vaseline.

The installation notes included this-

(paraphrased) It will be interesting to hear how you Yanks deal with this.
In Europe, the norm was to cover oneself fom head to toe with
disposable coveralls, booties, gloves, and hoods. In Brazil, they stripped.

John
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT