From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:24:06 -0600
From: "Paleo Phil" <[log in to unmask]>

> MAY USE WHALE MEAT IN THE ARMY RATION
> Peary Advises Pemmican Made From It and Goethals Is Considering the
> Suggestion.

Thanks for posting; interesting subject.  I belong to a local farmers co-op,
and also buy meat and vegetables at our local weekly Farmer's market.  Last
week, I met a man who works as a rocket scientist at White Sands Missile
Range; he and his family make their own pemmican.  I think he must be the
first rocket scientist I have met down here in southern New Mexico who
actually makes pemmican.

BTW, a rancher named Robert J. Crockett brings ice chests of frozen meat to
the Farmer's market once a month.  The name of his ranch is Southwest
Heritage Beef.  I brought a list of almost 20 questions to ask him regarding
the meat and he answered every one correctly - or at least what I consider
to be correct from a paleo perspective.  I am very enthused about having met
him, because it is actually possible to buy your own animal from him and
have it raised exactly as you want... of course money comes into it.   I
don't know if he would ship to other locations, but here is some
information:    phone  (575) 430.7817, email  [log in to unmask]

Kath