Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:37:11 -0700
Hi
     Now, I understand that CB's are a long ways from the ham gear we normally use but I found one at a yard sale for $0.25. Its hard to pass up a two way radio for that price. I next found a used hand microphone for $2 and had to buy a new plug for it. Yesterday I soldered the plug to the cord and found that the microphone didn't do any thing. The radio is designed so that when the mic is unplugged there is no receive. So, I am having to rewire the inside of the mic itself to compensate for this. Is there a trick to holding the solder and the end of the wire on a contacked with out getting your fingers burned? Right now I am trying to figure out how to stabilize all the parts so I can solder. I think five good solders and only six burned fingers is a good start but there are several more solder points to go.any ideas on how to keep the parts from moving and how to achieve pain free soldering would be appreciated. Smile.

God bless,
Mark
--
      Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon Clear, 84.0°F Wind:Calm
      If Lamb Chop married Howdy Doodie her name would be Lamb Doodie - Not too sure