From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:11:14 -0400
According to www.testmy.net, I'm getting the advertised 20 MB down, 2 MB up,
right on the money on internet with fios. TV, I hear the picture is a bit
clearer, and the phone is useable for the first time in 10 years with out a
nasty hum that at times makes it unusable for days on end and verizon
wouldn't fix it. Fios blows anything else away I've had up to now and
comcast did nothing to us over the years but screw us over on supposed
package deals, not let us take my father's name off the account after he
died because we waited too long to do it, do some crappy work over here to
the point I ended up buying the tools and good RG-6QS and compression F
connectors and doing what they should have been doing myself, which the
family didn't want me doing until they compared the work. The last time we
needed new cable modems form comcast it took 4 tries to get one that worked
and my brother's working on 3 or 4 as well after his last supposed upgrade
in his apartment. I watched with verizon did here and it was very good, and
we're happy with it. I'm sure all the cable and phone companies will go with
fiber optic soon anyway, with in the next few years, I prefer to think,
we're ahead of things there.