From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 17:16:36 -0400
Are you running just 1, or are they in a dipole configuration? If just one,
that's why, they need a ground plain of some sore, be it the dipole adapter
so you have 2 of them in the form of a dipole, or  how ever you'd like to do
it, radials, if you have nothing on that shield side of the antenna, that's
why it works that way and with out that shield connected, you're probably
causing RFI all over the place. You need to run that either on a tripod, the
dipole adapter, there has to be something on the shield side of the coax,
and if you're just going to 1 of that antenna, it's only using the center
conductor. From what you describe, I'd say that explains why the swr is that
way, with out that shield, you're very likely causing a ton of RFI to TV's,
phones, what ever.