From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 11:55:11 -0400
Hi, folks.

While doing a skywarn net for our area last night, I noticed something kind
of weird with my TMV71A.  It may have happened before, and I just didn't
notice it till last night.

Our local 2-meter repeater, on which I do my local skywarn nets, is at
146.74 MHZ with a standard negative off-set, and no PL.  That repeater is
set on VFO A.

When in a skywarn situation, I also monitor an area-wide NWS skywarn net on
145.270 on VFO B.

Last night, I noticed that, whenever our 146.740 repeater transmits, the
audio level on the 145.270 repeater is diminished considerably.  Once our
repeater stops transmitting, the audio on the 145.27 repeater comes back to
a normal level, after about a second's delay.

Is this normal?

Have any of you experienced this problem?

Do you have any suggested solutions?

It's not an "end of the world" type of thing, but it just kind of surprised
me.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI