ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:50:23 +0100
I don't ever remember saying "I hate God" either, but certainly I haven't
trusted Him even in smaller issues sometimes ...  Some of us who don't say
those things, still turn our backs too for periods of time and don't want to
walk with Him.

Phil, your reply probably sent out the wrong message altogether, and I'm
glad you clarified things so that all know where you were coming from.

When we think of it, if anyone hates his brother ... (You know the Scripture
in 1 John 4:20) ...

It reads

20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For
anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God,
whom he has not seen. (NIV)

If the opposite of love can sometimes be interpreted as "hatred", now, where
do I fit in that one?  Maybe I'm taking that too far - but I certainly think
anyway that I personally, without saying "I hate" Him have fallen very short
of that mark!

--
Carol