ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:28:43 -0600
Phil,

This is a timely message.  I learned last night that a 17-year-old boy who
lived not to far from my parents, I believe, and Judy thinks he came from a
Baptist family, shot himself, and my brother attended his funeral.  I'm
going to send your message.  Also, I've done some thinking about Christians
who "fall through the cracks," not necessarily committing suicide, but
having what appears to be a serious spiritual problem that they're not
willing to "repent of," and thus feel frightened and hopeless.  That's me,
and I thank you Jesus, that you make a way where there seems to be no way!
I'm making more headway lately.  The question as to where do I draw the line
between what I'm supposed to do and what I can expect God to do and how much
help I can expect from Him, It seems He's shown me that, if I am honest when
I feel stuck because I'm not willing to do my part, and tell Him so, I can
simply ask Him to help me be willing.  He understands my fear of doing
difficult things for Him, and He's not going to say, "Tough!  You just have
to do it.  This is all the help you need."

Sharon