From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:01:19 -0400
Hi Walt.

Does it read the misspelled word if you press INSERT+F7?  If it does, then
there is probably a timing issue where the screen is taking a touch too
long to update and the JAWS scripts for Word are missing the screen
update.  If it doesn't work with INSERT+F7 either, then you have a stickier
issue, where something is not getting recognized at all, and there could be
a number of causes for that.

Just as an aside, I didn't like JAWS 7.10 or JAWS 6.20 very well--I thought
that both of them were kind of sluggish.  I can appreciate that newer
versions of JAWS wouldn't play with the older software, but what about
seeing if you can download and install JAWS 6.0.  You might find it to be
better than 7.1.  Worth a shot--you can always uninstall it if it doesn't help.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 06:27 PM 4/8/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>I am running word 2000 and JFW 7.1.  When I do F7 to spell check.  At least
>half of the time, it doesn't announce the incorrect word.  Is there anything
>I can do to fix it.
>
>Walt
>WA4QXT
>New London CT