From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:07:23 -0500
I am having 2 recent mb problems and am writing to ask
your help to troubleshoot it.

When booting up an Asus A7N8X-X mb does not
recognize the USB Logitech keyboard (although USB
devices are enabled in the BIOS). Another issue: it
does not turn off after the o.s. closes using the Shut Down
command. I have been turning off the mb manually by
holding in the start button.

After turning on computer, after a few reboots the mb
recognizes the USB keyboard and the boot up sequence
succeeds. No apparent problem with keyboard after
o.s. loads.

Could it be a failing mb battery? The date and time is
correct. I don't think that the BIOS needs to have a
parameter set so that the computer will turn off after
Shut Down, does it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Eisenstadt
Austin