From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:31:05 -0700
I would say it's time to rip the drive out of the sick machine and hook it
to another one and let the healthy machine scan that disc for viruses and
spyware. I use AVG as my antivirus, plus AdAware and Spybot as my spyware
cleaners. Just be sure the healthy machine is expendable if you decide to do
this. The easiest method of killing bugs this bad, however, is a wipe and
restore. Pop your Windows disc into the CD drive and instruct your computer
to boot from that first. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions, and
you'll be factory fresh in almost no time (read as several hours). Just be
sure to save any data like pictures, contacts, email settings, favorites,
and stuff like that before you format the drive. Be sure to use the restore
disc that shipped with your Dell for best results (read as no driver
issues).