From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:29:21 -0700
Hello,

I found where to change the settings. Go into Control Panel, System,
then click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab you will find a Device
Manager button. Click that button and in Device manager select the Com
port which will be listed in the Ports section. Right click the com port
you want to change and you will get a dialog. Select the Port Settings
tab from this dialog, then click the Advanced button. On the finally
resulting dialog there will be a drop down at the bottom to select which
com port number to assign this port.

Back out of all of those and you should be done.

Hope this helps.

Later, Ray Parrish

bob warasila wrote:
> I'm using a desktop that has 1 serial port on the MB.  I needed an additional serial port so I put in a card with 2 ports.  That worked fine UNTIL I moved the card so that I could put in a wireless card.  Now when I look in the device manager it thinks the additional COM ports are COM5 and COM6.  The software I'm using on the serial ports only recognizes COM1 thru 4.  How can I redefine COM 5 & 6 to 3 &4?
>
> Bob Warasila
> --

http://rayparrish.spaces.live.com/ Ray's Space, poetry, shareware, freeware
http://rayparrish.blogspot.com/ Chris Ray with poetry for today