C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:53:28 -0600
Linda, Meir's advice is good!

1. One thing they'll want to be sure of is that your scooter has
non-spillable batteries.  If the airline/airport recommends that people be
at the airport 1 or 2 hours before the flight, be there at least a half hour
before that.  Going through security with a power mobility device can take
longer, as they check it for the same things that passengers get checked
for.  If you can't walk through the metal detector, be prepared for an
involved search.  Make sure you have accessible transportation set up bfore
you get to the airport, particularly if your scooter doesn't disassemble
easily.  If your hotel is away from the park, also make sure you have
transit to and from the park arranged in advance.
2. Most (if not all) of the lines are accessible, but you may be able to
skip them anyway.  When you get your tickets, or go into the park, check at
the ticket booth.  Make sure to see the Epcot Attractions.  when we went, we
could have easily spent all our time there.  If you're a space fanatic like
I am, you might want to arrange a side trip to Canaveral.  If you are on
Facebook, look up Beth Thiers; She lives close and can give you a lot more
info.

Have fun!

Kendall

--