BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:44:20 -0500
 >>How is it that the US government hasn't kidnapped you and held you in
an undisclosed location until you solve the global economic crisis, John
Leeke?<<

I'm not nearly smart enough for that, but I do have a plan to get smart:

For the past 30 years I have been picking up old wooden window sash at
the dump. They're worth bringing home because most are in darn good
condition and it would cost at least $400 to have sash made to match the
thick glass and good quality of that old-growth pine they are made of.
These sash are ripped out of fine old homes by the vinyl window pirates
who are paid $300 per window by the homeowners to replace them with
imitation windows made of plastic worth about $60. I guess some folks
just like to spend money no matter what. Anyway, I get these old sash
back to my shop, fix them up, and some other homeowners pay me $600 per
window to put them back into fine old homes. Now, I'm no business
expert, but I do know that at the end of the year I've bought enough
groceries to keep my family going and have a little extra in the bank. I
can't get all these numbers and facts into my brain at once, so please
help me get in touch with an economist who could explain how this is
possible. If I could understand it all in one big idea I think I could
get enough ahead to go back to school, study economics, get rich quick
and solve the economic crisis. In the mean time I'm taking care of my
own old windows here at home. After a whole century they're still doing
a good job of keeping the wind out and the cash in.

John $$$ Leeke

www.HistoricHomeWorks.com