From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:33:27 -0500
Hello;
Just like the rest of the world many blind people are more handy than
others.  I can generally figure out the basics of a radio on my own but when
it comes to antenna installation help is needed.  Its a combination of
soldering, drilling and knowing where those mysterious power lines are.
True some blind folks can solder and many aren't reluctant to get out the
drill but I would rather look for some assistance and feel more certain it
is done correctly the first time.
The down side of things can be that sometimes your helpers feel they no best
and what you end up with may not be what you planned on.
Looking at my hf9v even if the instructions were brailed (which they won't
be) they rely heavily on pictures and color codes.
Richard