From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:40:31 -0500
I don't notice it daily or anything but I'm seeing a lot more people who
just jump in and call other people with out seeing if the frequency's in use
or not, I've had 2 instances over the summer where I was NCS and someone
jumped in and called someone and when advised there was a net going on, once
was ignored and was told the other time "I know" and the ignored until,
since it was a RACES net, one community really gave him an ear full while I
was still thinking over what I could say to let them know how I felt, but
not get myself in trouble. Once more it happened with someone in an NTS net.
I've also heard about 5 or 6 other instances of that in the last year or 2.
A lot of it, not mine, but a lot of it was echolink repeaters with people on
echolink and one common NCS around the area will actually drop everything
and let them do what they want. I refuse to run a net on a repeater with it
after it happened to me a couple years ago, now I tell them if they want me
as NCS they can shut off echolink, which one net does, or look for someone
else. I have been made aware also, one of the people I had problems with on
the RACES net is frequently on echolink which leads me to wonder if that's
how things are generally done there which wouldn't shock me. I don't need
that aggravation, someone wants to play games on HF, I can ignore them, but
on FM on VHF, it's not that easy. I have no tolerance for that stuff what so
ever. Many are probably very lucky I didn't have time to finish the OO test.