From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:38:55 -0500
Another neat project.
Thought you might be interested.

There are several lists in our community for purchasing and selling items but I thought it might be nice to have a list where we can give things away or request items.  I’m sure we’ve all cleaned out a closet or a drawer and found something we thought could benefit another but the thought of going through the trouble to sell it seemed silly.  After all, who would want to purchase a check-writing guide you stopped using or a talking scale that’s outdated because you got a new and better one.

Well, Blind Recycle can help you clean out your closets and pass on those items to others who may find them useful.  This list is designed to request items you need give things away that you no longer find useful.  Everything on the list is absolutely free.  There are limitations on what can be offered.  We won’t allow animals, guns, tobacco or advertising to be posted on the list.  Only tangible items of use to the blind will be permitted.

It’s also not a discussion list.  It’s a place to offer, request, and acknowledge the receipt of items.

Related shipping charges can be worked out privately among the parties who are offering and receiving the items.

To join this new mailing list, send a blank email to [log in to unmask]

I look forward to seeing you there!

CathyAnne

-----

CathyAnne Murtha
Online Access Technology Trainer

ATI offers affordable training on a number of products.  Accessible to both the blind and deaf/blind these courses maintain the high standards for which ATI has become known.  Visit www.blindtraining.com/catalog/classes/ for more information on these training opportunities.

Access Technology Institute
PO Box 215151
Sacramento, CA 95821

http://www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com