From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:56:09 -0600
Boy, I sure have been hearing more activity on short wave and the ham bands
lately and it is still freaking summer time.  I check freqs like 2.5 5 10 15
and 7335 and 3310, I think that's low band freq of CHU Canada, and W1AW and
their code practice frequencies in order to determine present band
conditions and especially in the evenings.  Shoot, I've copied the WWVH out
of Hawaii on 5 megs most night around 10 o'clock so that's always a good
sign.  When I get to copying WWVH on 2.5 however, then I really know the
bands are cooking.  Been getting a little DX from Europe and Britain on 40
CW, too, so thinks are looking up.  Now, if the sun don't Nova, we should be
all right.  Oh, remember, I'm in Colorado.

Phil.
K0NX