From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:25:26 -0500
	I am curious. What does the GS1 do?

	I just bought a new TM71A and really like it except for
the fact that it gets very warm even on low-powwer. I'd be a
little hesitant to use high-power especially after all the
warnings in the manual about that. Heat is the enemy.

	The receiver even responds to the reverse burst on a
CTCSS tone most of the time.

	I listen to our local repeater as well as a couple of
public safety frequencies that all use CTCSS and reverse burst
and I'd say it responds correctly 95% of the time. When it
does not, it is not any big tragedy. You just hear the burst of
noise as the squelch closes.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer