From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:37:45 -0400
Hi, Folks.

Does anyone know of a full-proof way to correctly plug the programming cable
for the TMV7A into the radio?

For those of you with TMV7A's, who also do the software programming, you'll
recall that the DB9 plug goes into the left corner of the radio at kind of
an odd angle, and is very hhard to insert correctly.

Today, I was doing some programming for one of my TMV7A's, and inadvertently
bent a few of the pins on the plug.  I didn't think I had exerted that much
pressure, but obviously, I was wrong.

Fortunately, the XYL spotted the problem, re-straightened the pins, and now
the cable works again.

I simply an mooking for a safe way to insert that plug without causing
further problems.

Fortunately, the plug on the programming cable for the newer TMV71A is much
easier to use, due to the fact that it is very clearly keyed to go in only
one way, and because the jack is a straight connection on the back of the
rig.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ